EVENT FINISHED | Men's Latin Dance Half-Day Workshop | Sat 8 Sept 10.30 - 1.45pm
Date and details:
When: Saturday 8 September, 10:30am - 1:45pm
Where: Rio Rhythmics Studio 2, 195B Boundary St, West End.
Designed for men in all styles and stages of Latin dance. (Basic knowledge required).
Fruit, tea and coffee provided for a 15min mid workshop break & chat session.
Sessions will include:
- Understanding of what Latin dance is and why Latin Dance looks like the way it does.
- Essential movements and body work for you to be a great leader and look great on the dance floor with roots in Afro-Brazilian and Afro-Cuban, including isolations and integration of upper and lower body, agility, flexibility plus cultural and style understanding.
- Understanding of expectations on the dance floor from the follower's perspective, how to be a great dancer with and for your partner.
- Essential leading exercises applicable to any dance style. Balance, walking, body alignment and technique drawing on tango, bolero and ballet.
- Confidence, musicality, expression and styling flowing from zouk lambada, salsa and samba and years of dancing experience.
- Stretching exercises to improve your dance ability, but even better for your everyday life! And more...
Pricing: Members $80 | Non-Members $95
*Workshops are non-refundable however can be transferred to another person. Not included in Annual Membership, though discounts apply.
Book online, in Studio, or over the phone on 3844 1824. Spaces limited.